Here’s to stretching beyond our comfort zones.
This morning I installed the pieces of my exhibit at Half Moon Bay Library for my “Gettysburg in 2016” show. This involved several firsts for me.
- I have never worked on this large a scale (36 inches by 72 inches) before.
- I have never used fabric and yarn in my work before.
- I have never hung a fabric work from the ceiling before.
- I have never exhibited pages from my sketchbook on a wall before.
- I have never tried making giclee prints of my sketchbook pages and mounting them on panels for wall hanging.
- I have never tried an interactive art piece using fabric before.
I am making this list mostly to remind myself to celebrate today. Everything looks beautiful! I finished installing in about three hours. I managed to use a ten-foot ladder safely. Continue reading